Our language Cawen is dedicated to your data processing. Compared to standard languages such as C++ or Java, Cawen offers :
- execution time substantially better
- memory consumption reduced.
- Optimum adaptability
Gains for your applications:
- improved performance
- operating and maintenance costs durably reduced
- energy optimization of your applications in the context of Green IT
- a code quickly adaptable to your future needs
Why Cawen ?
We built our team on 2 findings :
- encoding / decoding / integrating data processes are pervasive in information systems
- standard solutions commonly sacrifice either development speed/flexibility or technical efficiency as they fail to meet both these criteria simultaneously
and 1 challenge: it is possible to combine syntactic simplicity and performance.
Originally designed as a data integration software, Cawen has grown into a versatile, all purposes language. Cawen can now advantageously substitute to C++ in all its uses, thanks to its standard library Govel.
- Cawen does not positione itself as a successor of C. It differs in this respect from Objective C or C++. Cawen’s ambition is not to suggest evolutions to C language that one day, maybe, would be commited. Cawen is more modestly an assistant in your C coding.
- Cawen is not an object-oriented language : It is a generic programming and development tool
- Everything goes during preprocessing : there is no runtime processing.
- Cawen is based on a much more powerfull macro language than C preprocessor : our own version of Gnu m4 language.
From Cawen to C
The following diagram shows the producing workflow of our deliverables (C source code and/or executable file) :